My cable connection's been totally screwy for the past few days (The connection speed has been pathetic!) and after a long, ardous phone call with SCV MaxOnline, the problem has been narrowed down to the splitter. For the uninitiated (Like me!), the splitter is that little gadget that allows you to connect up both your cable modem and your SCV box to the same cable point. Ack...
Anyway, what's really annoying is the lengths I hafta go through just to replace the splitter. All the way to some spastic workshop in Ayer Rajah to buy a silly metal gizmo that costs $5!
Alternatively, courtesy of the chappie I spoke to when I called the MaxOnline help desk, I could skip the splitter altogether and connect my modem directly to the cable point. That, however, would mean that I can't watch TV in my room. No "Desperate Housewives", "Amazing Race", "American Idol"...
Uh... Thanks a lot for nothing bud! *rolls eyes*
Sunday, March 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Crikes girl. I think you can get the splitter thingy from most computer shops? Or from singtel or starhub directly...cept that youll have to pay slightly more.
I spent an hour at starhub today WAITING to get my cable box changed!!!
According to the guy I spoke to, he said that although most hardware and computer shops sell the splitter thingie, some customers experience problems due to compatibility issues.
Either that or he's trying to fleece me into spending FIVE LOUSY DOLLARS. And since I'm a techie idiot, I can't be sure, can I? *sulks*
Technology sucks sometimes.
Hmmm....Don't you have another cable box at home? But then it would be stupid to move your computer just to save 5 bucks.
Suspicious Bastard - Yep, it would. Especially since the other box is in my brother's room. Hee...
Trust me, you can get the splitter from outside. More convenient and it works.
Thanks babes... There's a computer shop somewhere opposite my office I think. I'll check it out during lunch. :)
What a great site bikini newport where to buy bouquet garni spice Roof mounted dvd player Generic fioricet what is tramadol Webcam and chat Bdsm statistics Free mature  picture
That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »
Post a Comment