Tuesday, March 01, 2005

About Rainy Days & Mondays

Start of week. End of Monday. My list of achievements?

1) I finally managed (after several 18-hour work days) to clear up the crap left all over the floor, i.e. My workload before I went on leave. Who the hell needs to go on a 2-week break only to come back to a mountain of shit that takes you 10 times the effort to clean up?! You know the whole concept about 1 needing a vacation so that 1 can come back to work feeling refreshed and raring to go? Bah! Humbug! 24 hours back and it's like I never fucking left.

2) I watched in stoned fascination as a crazy, sudden downpour of rain obscured the view from our 30th storey office at around 4.30 in the afternoon. It lasted all of 15 minutes. Wonder if that means no more bushfires this month.

3) I wasted 30 minutes of my life watching the final bit of the Oscars. 30 minutes of listening to the creme-de-la-creme of Hollywood thank everyone and everything, from God, to their family, to their managers, to the show's producers, to their great aunt's dog's brother's puddle of piss...


4) I managed to hurt my back doing I-have-no-fucking-clue what while I was at work. Add that to the chronic back condition I seem to have developed at the ripe old age of 26... Well... 2 hours, 3 Ponstan and 4 Salon Pas "koyoks" later, I'm still seething in pain. Which explains why I'm writing this instead of lying down and trying to sleep.

5) I updated the list of responses I've received to my werewolves question. Click here to read the latest collection of gag-worthy replies. :)

The day, however, wasn't a total waste. Here's the 1 bright spot of a draggy, dreary, pain-in-the-fucking-ass Monday.

6) I got my blog linked to this extremely cool chappie's blog. Adrock2xander. Reading his entries never fail to make me crack up. Not only have I found a guy who's as into Buffy as I am, he's also an angst-filled, opinionated, brilliantly eloquent mutha who doesn't give a rat's ass about what anybody else thinks.

Haha... And Jac thinks I need anger management classes. Go Xander! :)

No comments: