Monday, February 28, 2005

About Joan Rivers

I spent a delightful Sunday night watching "The Kumars at Number 42" (The episode featuring Donny Osmond and Westlife) and "Parkinson" on Star World.

1 of the guests on the latter was Joan Rivers. To be honest, I know nothing about this lady beyond the little I remember from Mom's tabloids. However, having listened to what she's had to say for the past 20 minutes, I must say that this spunky 72 year old is who I wanna be when I reach that grand old age. (And we all know from my previous post that I will.) She looks utterly fantastic, she's cool and she's hysterically funny.

Joan Rivers
On plastic surgery: Yes, please! Pull it up, snip it off, make another little person with it! I don't care!
On sex: All my mother told me was "Man gets on top, woman at the bottom". I ended up buying bunk beds!
On marriage: Love and sex have nothing to do with marriage. Jackie Onasiss married that little pig Onasiss. He up and croaked and left her 58 million dollars. Do you have 58 million dollars?
On homosexuality: I am all for gay marriage. Why should only straights suffer through divorce?
On growing old: Look in the mirror, naked, if you're over 50 and you have 2 choices... Death. Or humour.

3 comments:

April said...

Hahaha... I'm sorry but I prefer men with long and skillful tongues. ;) Lisps are cute when you're Sylvester the cat. Nowhere else. :P

Timmy Tim Tim said...

It was hilarious especially when she said "my first sexual experience was a sad one. It was a rape...thank god he didnt press charges"

April said...

Tim - Hahaha... Yeah! I also loved the one where she made a joke about her sexual ineptitude. Here's Joan Rivers, on her lack of skills in bed):

Part 1 - My husband use to put pennies on my eyes when we made love.

Part 2 - Then, when I asked him why he never called out my name while we were making love and he said, "I didn't want to wake you up."