Friday, March 25, 2005

About The Dilemma

Scenario: Need to buy a birthday present for A.
Problem: Have absolutely no idea what to get.
Solution: Ask fellow bloggers for suggestions. :)

What do you get a 28 year-old guy who:
1) Lives to eat, and eat, and eat, and eat (All types of food!)...
2) Is into a variety of water sports and golf...
3) Has a voracious reading habit (Among the many piles spotted were books from David Eddings and Nick Hornby)...
4) Digs old school comedy, cult hits from the likes of Quentin Tarantino, Futurama, That 70s Show and The Simpsons...
5) Listens to a lot oldies and jazz...

Help? Anybody? *pouts*

13 comments:

JaG said...

Err, a 'how to cook' book? A voucher so he can pic something up himself? A homecooked meal? Cinema tickets?
I'm a bad gift purchaser myself :(

Cruiser said...

Hmm you can get this Chuck Palahniuk book called Choke, since he likes reading and food, and directors like Tarantino.

Alternatively, pretend you clean forgot about it, and treat him to dinner to make up for it. And get some golf balls for that matter.

Good luck~

April said...

Woah. Thanks everyone. I like some of the ideas. Problem with the idea of a home-cooked meal? I can't really cook. *sheepish grin*

Cruiser - The Chuck Palahniuk book sounds quirky... Which is good since A's taste tends to run to the unconventional when it comes to literature. Wonder if Kinokuniya sells it...

DB - Haha... Since I'm likely to slice off my big toe instead of hit the ball, I don't think a game of golf is a good idea. I checked out the Ender's Game box set on Amazon though and like the sound of it. Will see if I can find it in a local bookstore. :)

JaG - Heh... What did you get JaB for his last birthday? Or for Christmas? I was thinking of taking the "easy" way out and just getting a "cheeky", albeit useless, sort of present. Like a pair of fur-lined handcuffs. Hahaha... :P

missduhr said...

hey babe you're in luck.... i have a copy of chuck palahniuk's choke which i got from borders and never got around to reading. you can have it and pretend it's a limited edition paperback copy. i'll even sign it for ya.

alternatively how about you get him a foldout bed? good for him and CERTAINLY good for you muahaahaah

April said...

Missduhr - Hahaha... Only if you can forge a signature that looks remotely like "Chuck Palahniuk". You have 1 week to practise. :P

And the foldout idea doesn't work. Mainly because it means separate beds. And I would want that because?! :|

R2D2 said...

How about your girlfriends' phone number? You can put them into a book since he loves reading. Heh.

Seriously, I would suggest Wheel of Time Volume 1(by Robert Jordan). Unless he already read it. Or Nuklear Age (by someone called Brian). Nuklear Age is fantastic.

April said...

Suspicious Bastard - Hahaha... That might make his day but it'll sure as hell ruin mine. *grin* As liberal as I'd like to think I am, sharing A with my girlfriends isn't in the cards. ;)

adrock2xander said...

Mmmm...

just browsin thru ya blog April...passin by...cant help but notice that you've only been bloggin for 3 months!?!?!?

LOL somehow JaG has ended up on ya site...

And wow lotsa deleted entries...wassup with that...

JaG said...

Adrock, I was just about to ask about the deleted comments. Makes me curious........

April said...

Adrock - Yep. Just 3 months. Why, do I seem like an old hand? :P I daresay I've caught on pretty quickly. JaG's blog caught my attention because of her candor. It's a refreshing change from the stuff I usually read. ;)

Carolina - Heh... Thanks for the suggestion. I must say though, that I'm as curious as Adrock and JaG... What's up with all the deleted comments?

FF said...

Strip-o-gram!

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it prostate cancer http://www.hikingboots4.info/Prozac-prozac-aposs.html plastic surgery in germany bodensee ultracet addiction symptoms pharmacy india cheapest effexor venlafaxine zyban business card template dexamphetamine enhance venlafaxine watches cartier Bugs bunny ring tones how to take nexium 40mg

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! tri state allergy inc Anal pleasure faq email leads internet mailing lists mlm it is not yet known how yasmin effexor package insert