Saturday, August 27, 2005

About The Pearl (Part 7)

And you thought I was done. Hah!

If it's any consolation, this is the last batch of photos PL and I took during our Hong Kong trip... Yes, I know we've been back for over 3 weeks and I've taken my time getting around to this. I think I subconsciously wanted to drag it out because coming back to reality's been a major pain in the ass. *sigh*

DAY 5 - MONDAY, 8 AUGUST, 2005

PL and I woke early. Well, actually, I woke her up by crunching away at the leftover cereal we'd bought. *sheepish grin* (Side note to PL: Sorry lah! I started out trying to be quiet but I really was starving! Heh heh...)

We packed our bags and checked out of the room around 11am, leaving our luggage with the Concierge as we prepared to make a final "attack" on the shops at Causeway Bay.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Last trip on the hotel's shuttle bus...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PL was evidently quite upset that we were heading home that evening...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I thought this would cheer her up but...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It took this retarded window decal we spotted to bring a smile to her face... 人山人海... People mountain people sea... Wah kao!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Since, for some weird reason, shops in Hong Kong open late on Mondays (After 1pm!), we stopped by a little roadside stall and had a yummy lunch of barbequed pork chop and vegetable rice...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Accompanied with some deep-fried Taiwanese tofu... No, I don't have a clue what makes it Taiwanese. :P

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PL couldn't wait to tuck in...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I, on the other hand, wasn't too happy about how small my piece of pork chop was, compared to hers... *cackles*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
1.15pm. The shops we wanted to hit were still not open so we decided to head to The Excelsior Hotel for some coffee.


No, we were not being "atas". Any little cafe would have sufficed but there wasn't a SINGLE coffee joint with outdoor seating in the whole of Hong Kong! How are we suppose to slurp up caffiene without being able to suck on a cigarette at the same time?!?! :P

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
45 minutes later. Since clean toilets are almost as rare as outdoor cafes in Hong Kong, PL and I decided to make use of The Excelsior's funky, bumblebee-toned ladies room before we left.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Finally, at around 3.30pm, we trudged back to our hotel, sniffing dolefully as we packed up our last minute shopping. 20 minutes, HK$40 and a couple of pouts later, we were aboard the double decker bus headed for the airport.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
5.30pm. The Valuair check-in counter opened and I looked disbelievingly at the weight of our luggage. Holy shit! We bought that much?!?! Not that it deterred us from buying even more during the 2.5 hours we had before our flight took off. *smirk*



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
12.10am. Home sweet home. Not!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh... And I managed to ruin my french pedicure. Waaaaaaaa... See! *points at before and after pictures below*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pretty, pretty nails on the flight up...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Retarded-looking right foot on the way back... With a broken 3rd nail and a bleeding last toe from being repeatedly stomped on... Sigh...

4 comments:

JaG said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a great time!

April said...

Thanks! We did! Too bad it passed so quickly... Sniff... I need another holiday.

Slinky said...

I love the expressions you have when you take photos, totally unselfconscious.

And I second that! I need another bloody holiday! Preferably somewhere FAR AWAY. And replete with hot men.

April said...

Slinky - I believe the word is SHAMELESS. Hahaha... Anyway, since it was just PL and me taking photos of each other, we didn't really give a shit. Heh.

Btw, why do you need a place oozing with hot men when you'll probably be holidaying with The Boy? What you need is any place with a deserted beach so you can have hot, sweaty, sandy sex. ;)