Thursday, August 11, 2005

About The Pearl (Part 3)

All about our day at Madam Tussauds... Man, we took so many photos, I'm just hoping that my damn Photobucket account can handle the load.

DAY 3 - SATURDAY, 6 AUGUST, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PL buried in her map (Again!) as she tries to figure out the fastest way to get us to The Peak.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Which turned out to be taking a train... Station #7 - Admiralty... Followed by a double decker bus all the way up to The Peak Galleria...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Incidently, this billboard at the station annoyed me to no end. It's Diamond. It's Different. It's also grammatically wrong. Duh!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Anyway... We had a quick lunch at The Peak Galleria (Maccers... Doi!) and an even quicker cigarette (Due to the lack of seating and the killing heat!). God knows what possessed me to wear black. I was doing a Wicked Witch of the East the entire time... You know... "I'm meltttttttting... melllllllttting..." :P

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cheeeeeeeesy peeeeasy!

Next stop... Madam Tussauds Wax Museum... We paid HK$95 each (Which is about S$20 / US$12) for our tickets, walked pass the statue of Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka Shing and made our way down this looooooong flight of steps to come face to face with...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Michelle Yeoh... Looking resplendant in a silver cheongsam. Damn... I don't remember her being that skinny on screen. *mumbles under breath*

PL and I were then greeted by a couple of ushers who waved us towards an elevator... We couldn't help but notice the lovely suit-clad posterior on the door...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Or putting our hands on it. Haha... 2D or not, I can now say I've grabbed James Bond's ass! :P

Little did we know, the fun was just beginning. We went down, chattering away in the lift, only to be utterly dumbstruck when the doors opened and all our girlhood dreams came true...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Andy Lau! ANDY LAU! Omigawd... I use to have his photo on my bedside table when I was 13. PL and I rushed forward, wasting no time in feeling him up posing for a photo...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Kish me, you fooooooool..."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Guess what? His statue had a damn heartbeat! I am NOT kidding! How cool is that? Heh... *plays "Internal Affairs" theme song in background*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Agatha Christie evidently freaked PL out...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I was too caught up peering up Marilyn's skirt to bother much though... *grin* And in case you're wondering, she's wearing white panties. *snorts with laughter*

Due to heavy human traffic, PL and I wandered off to the next room, promising ourselves that we would return later on when it was less crowded...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PL was kinda put off with this Sumo chap's (Can't recall his damn name...) lack of deoderant (And armpit hair!)... Heh heh...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I, on the other hand, was quite impressed with the size of his belly... The chap looks 6 months pregnant for chrissakes! :P

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Quick pose next to Hong Kong's Dowager of Pop, the late Anita Mui... With what appears to be a riding crop. *ah hem*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Hmmm... Gotta get me a couple of those..." PL, next to the 1 and only Liz Taylor...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Damn it. I never knew I was that short! I thought Hugh and Sly were considered to be of average height in Hollywood. What does that make me?! A bloody midget?! Sheesh... I knew I should have worn heels. :(

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I hate Macauley Culkin. (Heh... Yeah. Like you couldn't tell!) He's such a annoying little prat!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
However, I lurrrrrrrrve Anthony Hopkins. Sir Anthony, I mean. *simper* He's hot, for an old chap... Him and Sir Sean Connery. Yeah yeah, I like my knights of the realm. ;)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
While I was busy making eyes at Anthony Hopkins, PL had found her hunk of the day... Unfortunately for her, Tussards didn't do a good job on Brad Pitt. I mean... Take a closer look...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
They made him look like a freaking thug! Sheeeeesh... Whatta letdown!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"What the hell is she doing here?!" Awwwwwww man... Dame Edna. The worst export from Australia since Steve-Fucking-Erwin. *gag*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
William Wallace. Mel Gibson. Whatever you wanna call him. Looks like he's grabbing my ass, doesn't it? Well... His hand was at the right spot. It was, however, pure coincidence that I positioned myself there as PL took this shot. *cackles*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"一追再追, 只想追赶生命里一分一秒..." PL, looking a little somber as she stands next to the late Leslie Cheung, Hong Kong's Peter Pan of Pop...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me, with the global King of Pop, looking kinda cramped as I try to imitate one of Whacko Jacko's crotch-grabbing dance moves...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PL sure likes her dead superstars. *morbid grin* Here she is next to the late Teresa Teng...

Ok. I'm tired and believe it or not, I'm only halfway through the photos we took on the day. The rest of them will have to wait till my next post... *yawn* Man... I so know my Photobucket account's gonna bomb soon...

p/s: Something totally off tangent. Was watching Rock Star INXS (In which the only contestant worth raving about is that Aussie chap, Mig!) and I just need to say that Dave Navarro is hot hot HOT! :)

3 comments:

Froggy said...

Wah liao .. your pix of HK make me damn gien to go there again leh ..

gotta work hard .. cos boss promised us a HK trip should we hit our sales target .. wish me luck .. Ok?

Slinky said...

The photos are hilarious! The expressions you guys have just cracks me up. But I'm still waiting for pictures of the puppies! (am willing to sacrifice stone cold btich rep for shameless ogling of cute puppies)

April said...

Froggy - Good luck with the sales then! :) Hopefully, hitting your target means you guys will get extra commission... Trust me, you'll need it. Hong Kong's more expensive than I thought!

Slinky - Hahahaha... I'll post those up next I promise! The rest of the Madam Tussard shots can wait till we're done puppy-gushing... *beams*