Let's see... We last left off with Teresa Teng...
DAY 3 - SATURDAY, 6 AUGUST, 2005 (TUSSAUDS CONTINUED...)

PL decided it might be more rewarding to stop hanging out with dead superstars and start mingling with the Powers-That-Be in American politics. :P

I was a little less discerning in my choice of political leaders... *waves a Swastika flag* Hah!
Politics got a little boring after a bit, so we meandered back towards the celebrity section of the museum...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And who better to greet us then the King himself? I took this shot for my mama, who claims to be his biggest fan, only to have her wrinkle her nose and go, "Humph... That doesn't look at all like Elvis!" Sigh...

If there ever was a Queen of Pop, it'd have to be the Material Girl... And her mark of royalty would be the infamous pointy bra! (Which PL had a very firm hold on. Haha!)

I love this shot of me and hunky ol' JBJ, as "wannabe" as it looks. :P I had the entire collection of Bon Jovi's albums on cassette tape as a kid and listened to them over and over. "Bed of Roses" is still an all-time favorite...

PL, evidently, preferred her rockers from a different era... Although I'm not sure Freddy Mercury, with his flamboyant fashion sense and multi-dimensional musical style, can be considered a true blue rocker...

As much as I tried, I couldn't get my mouth to look as wide and as smiley as Tina Turner's... Am gonna try to copy her eye makeup next. :P

For some reason, Sir Paul McCartney looked awfully forlorn next to the rest of the Fab 4. I couldn't resist giving him a pat on the head in a bid to cheer him up.

"In sooth I know not why I am so sad..." *frowns* Maybe it's because William Shakespeare knew he didn't quite fit in with the rest of the celebs. For what comfort it offered, PL seemed to find his shiny crown entertaining enough... Heh heh...

You know the best thing about taking a photo with Kylie? She was 1 of the few statues that didn't make me feel like a half-grown hobbit. Unfortunately, my attempt at mirroring her sexy pout didn't come out as well as I hoped it would. :P
Since bald men in frilly clothes didn't really appeal to us, we then made our way over to
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Damn, this Yao Ming dude is tall. PL's a good 3 inches taller than I am and she barely came up to his armpit. Which made it a lot easier for her to pull down his shorts. Hahaha!

Becks Becks Becks! Yummmmmm... I couldn't help myself... I just had to see if the statue of football's biggest hottie was anatomically correct. And, if you haven't already guessed by the smirk on my face... He was!

PL, being a huuuuuuuge Pierce Brosnan fan, had to see if the anatomically correct bit applied to his statue as well. Mr Bond evidently had more than 1 big gun packed in that gorgeous suit of his... *snorts with laughter*

Although I much prefer his son, Brandon, I've always thought Bruce Lee to be a pretty cool chap. Someone gimme a pair on nanchuks! Ha yaaaaaaah!

PL, however, wasn't too impressed, since the greatest kungfu legend of our time was a little... Vertically challenged, shall we say? (Or maybe it was because his skintight yellow suit made it clear that Mr Lee wasn't all that, ah hem, well endowed?) :P

As such, she set off to find a more worthy sparring partner. Ali (Big, black, strapping dude that he is!) apparently fit the bill. Heh heh...

Indiana Jones / Harrison Ford looked a little frustrated. We tried to annoy him further by attempting to pick his nose. *cackles*

I don't frigging believe Paul Hogan aka Crocodile Dundee merited a spot in Tussauds. Remember what I said about Dame Edna being the worst Australian export since Steve Erwin? Well, Steve Erwin was the worst since Paul Hogan. Sheesh...

In a place overflowing with famous faces, PL and I almost missed this oddly-dressed woman, especially since she barely came up to our shoulders... My 1st thought? "What crawled up her butt and died?! What's up with the sour expression?!" Heh... It was only upon closer inspection that we realized this was...
The great Madam Tussaud herself!
We felt a need to take at least 1 photo with her, as our little tribute to the great tradition she started...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Don't the 3 of us look luuuuuuuuurvely? :P

While I didn't mind standing next to a short old lady, posing with 2 supermodels was a different matter. (Yes, I have height and weight issues... :P) PL, being a lot braver (And taller!), didn't really mind flaunting her stuff next to Naomi and Elle. ;)

Now, Pavarotti, with his huge tummy, would make any girl feel slim. He didn't even seem to mind my lack of vocal talent. *rolls eyes*
By now, we had about exhausted the celeb section... Not to say though, that the rest of the time spent at Tussauds was boring. I mean, check out who we saw on our way towards the exit...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I'm told I have an extremely evil, gleeful look on my face in this shot. Gee... It's is Sadaam I'm standing next to. How else am I suppose to look?! :P

We have absolutely no idea who this Japanese dude is. He looked awfully bored though so PL thought he'd appreciate some company...

Ooo royalty... Does PL look intimidated or what?

Poor Di... Even in Tussauds, she's separated from the rest of the royal family. By the way, was she really this tall? *resigned sigh*

Down to the last 2 statues... Deng Xiao Ping appeared to be quite upset that we were gonna leave but so many shops to hit, so little time, you know? :P
Now for the highlight of our ENTIRE Tussauds tour. Right next to Mr Deng's statue was 1 that caused my jaw to drop and me to jump back in alarm...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Oei!!! Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude! What are YOU doing here?! Haha... Nah bei... Scare me sial!

PL warned of possible capital punishment and a jail sentence if I made this photo public but I couldn't resist... Now don't get me wrong, I totally respect MM Lee but since I'll never ever dare to do this in person, this opportunity was too good to pass up. *chuckles*
4 comments:
know why most of the figures dont look like the real person? cause you 2 go everywhere grab crotches... pick the noses... everyday got 10 pairs of people like you two... then one month got 80... 1 yr got..er... 960 ... i think every year the museum staff will 'redo' the faces... cause they get distorted... bruce lee's *clears throat* manhood got smaller cause i think a lot of people press press press.... poor fella...
Jon Bon Jovi!! What did they do to Jon Bon Jovi! My teenage lust object looks like a balding pouf!
and I SO need to get one of those little white skirts. (warming up credit card in gleeful anticipation)
Bra - Eh, we didn't press or grab that hard ok! Hehehe...
Slinky - I know, it doesn't really look like JBJ does it? Sigh... Btw, I got my skirt from Zara while it was on sale, think it was about $40...
Post a Comment