Tuesday, April 19, 2005

About The 4th Gift

For those of you who've read about my dilemma, you'll be pleased to know that I've finally gone and solved it. Uh huh... Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to give me suggestions as to what I should get. The present has finally been bought.

So what did I get him?


The 4th Gift... Part 1...
Posted by Hello

Special thanks to
Cruiser, who gave me the idea of getting a Chuck Palahniuk book. Missduhr, however, says that "Choke" is a little on the dry side, which is why I decided on his newer book, "Lullaby". Oh... Plus I did some subtle probing (Hah! No pun intended, get your minds out of the gutter you pervs!), and found out that the last Palahniuk book A's read is "Fight Club". :P


The 4th Gift... Part 2...
Posted by Hello

I also decided to get him a
CD I found on Amazon. He loves Tuck & Patti, and since the original release date of this album is the 6 of April, I kinda saw it as a sign. Sigh... Of course, let's just hope that this doesn't turn out to be like all the other gifts I bought him. Especially since it's a damn import and cost a bomb! Heh... Ah well, guess I could always keep it for myself if he's already got it.

I should be seeing him later this week, if all goes well. Wish me luck people!

8 comments:

April said...

By the way, I have no idea why the Amazon page for the CD says [EXPLICIT LYRICS]... I swear that Tuck & Patti are as PG as PG can get! Sheesh...

missduhr said...

idiot my last comment disappeared. forgot about the book completely cos we were so caught up in oh-my-goodness-the-book-set-costs-how-much!!??!!

good luck babe... if he has the cd, i'll take it! :P

April said...

Yeah. I can just keep it for a few months and give it to you on your birthday. Haaaaaaahahahaha...

And I still think Kinokuniya did that whole unmatched single books thing on purpose. It's just a bloody scam to cheat me of an additional $40 I tell you! Bloody hell... *grumpy face*

missduhr said...

aiyah you got a free box *muahahaha* and you can use it to whack your bro's head when he annoys you.

or steals your cheeks & balances.

d3r3k g0h said...

chuck palahniuk's surivior is not bad too. reading it now.

JaG said...

LUCK!! Not that I really think you'll need it. You've made some good choices there!

April said...

Derek - I just hope "Lullabye" is as good as whatever you're reading...

Jules / JaG - Heh. Thanks girlies. Now if that idiot would just call. Sigh...

Cruiser said...

hey there~
yeah choke's a little on the dry side.. lullaby's a cool book! or like derek said, you could try reading survivor..

anyhow, good luck for, eh, what you wish to happen when you give the present..