Monday, January 24, 2005

About My Gifts

I don't seem to have much luck when it comes to giving him presents. The 1st time I did was ages ago, back in 2001 if memory serves...

We were both in Melbourne. He'd mentioned casually in an ICQ conversation that he really wanted to get the video for a movie called "Four Rooms", a collection of short stories by Quentin Tarantino. Problem is, it wasn't available in Australia or Singapore. That night, I looked for hours for a website where I could purchase the tape and have it delivered to Melbourne without having to pay a bomb. Finally, Martin, who was studying in Vancouver at the time, offered to buy and ship it over. I was so excited at the thought of how his face would look when I gave him my present, I checked my mailbox twice everyday for the next 3 weeks...

It finally arrived. I messaged him on ICQ later that night, asking if he remembered telling me about the show. He went something along the lines of... "Oh yeah, I just got the video last week. 1 of the shops I went to managed to import it in for me..."

Doh!

The 2nd time I gave him a present was this past Christmas. Unfortunately, it didn't fit. *rolls eyes*

Despite all these "setbacks", I've doggedly gone ahead and gotten him another gift. *grins* 3rd time's the charm, right? Keep your fingers crossed for me girls and pray that it won't be another fiasco. Should be giving it to him later in the week. *gulps* I'm nervous! Hahaha...

3 comments:

missduhr said...

i think we know by now that there's no point saying anything to this girl in love so all we can do is to be there for her whenever wherever whatever the circumstance.

missduhr said...

and so the mission was accomplished :)

April said...

Mission accomplished indeed. :D

Ju - I hope there'll be a day he gets me a gift I love too, although what I want from him isn't exactly something that can be bought. :)