I recently caught "Top Gun" again on HBO... And was reminded of several things simultaneously... How I...1) Fell in love with Tom Cruise way back when, at the tender age of 11. (Up till then, I was mad for Patrick Swayze as Johnny Castle in "Dirty Dancing"! Hah!) And yes, I know that "Top Gun" came out in 1986... I only watched it 3 years after that. I was a slowpoke. Bite me.
2) Rushed out to buy the cassette tape of the damn soundtrack and listened to "Take My Breath Away" and "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" over and over... Till the freaking thing got stuck in my tape deck. Man... I was not happy.
3) Wanted to marry an air force pilot, but only if he had a funky munky nickname on his helmet like MAVERICK or ICEMAN. "GOOSE" somehow didn't quite make the cut. :P Hahaha...
4) Realized just how attractive a man in uniform could be. Hell... It made me put myself through "A Few Good Men" just to catch Cruise in a uniform again... And I don't care how good that book / movie was, sitting through it is NOT a picnic at the age of 11!
5) Decided that bomber jackets with lots of iron-on patches were the way to go in terms of fashion. Paired with white t-shirts and jeans and aviator sunglasses. ULTIMATE STYLE or whaaaaaat. *snorts*
Heh... In short, watching the film again brought back a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling. Remember my entry on movies a few weeks back? I think I'm gonna add "Top Gun" to the "Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me" list. *grins*
3 comments:
Oh my god, April, me too! The pre-I-need-Ritalin Tom was so hot in Top Gun! And when he sings that song in the bar, gah! Thanks to that movie, something in my haad still goes ka-ching! when I meet a pilot.
Goodness, gracious, great balls o' fire!
Hahaha... I can't help but notice that it's only the gals who are commenting on this post. ;)
Post a Comment