Wednesday, June 01, 2005

About Nups

I was watching "Desperate Housewives" on Monday night... It was the episode where Carlos slaps Gabrielle with a post-nuptial agreement, in which she'll walk away with nothing if she files for a divorce while he's in prison. Gaby, of course, balks at the suggestion and refuses. He hits her and physically forces her into signing it. She walks out, screws her ex-gardener and winds up pregnant.

All this between 2 people who claim to be madly in love... Most would pass the entire episode off as a theatrical overplay of reality but I know from personal experience that life isn't necessarily less dramatic than art. *shrugs*

The show also got me wondering how I'd react if my future husband or husband asked me to sign a pre or post-nup...

I think I'd be bloody pissed off. I mean... Isn't that tantamount to saying that "I think this marriage might fail so I'm circumventing all the problems we'll face then now." That's a fucking good mindset to have towards the person you've promised to honor and cherish. *rolls eyes* Plus, doesn't demanding a pre or post-nup show an utter lack of trust in the relationship?

Then again, I'm not stinking rich. So I probably don't understand the true implications on being desired for reasons that go beyond me being me.

On a lighter note... Omigawd John the gardener is so fucking hot I wanna cover him in whipped cream and eat it off him 1 slow mouthful at a time. *slaps hand over mouth* Hahaha... Ok, I'll stop now...

Heh... My desire to ravish him came through even in the "
Which Desperate Housewife Are You?" quiz I took... Check it out!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
April is the Gabrielle of Desperate Housewives!
You could say that life's just about pretty dresses and expensive gifts to you, but you're looking for something more. You'll find it someday, as long as you can stay out of trouble. And away from hot young gardeners.


Oh... 1 last thing. Am currently blogging from the office. Am totally annoyed because my comp at home has died! Damn it!

*guilty look as she wonders if it's cos of too many hours of Dungeon Keeper 2*

2 comments:

Ignorant one said...

eh perhaps you would like to change the link without the index.html? couldnt get it load till i backspaced them. XD

April said...

Mistic - Thanks for pointing that out. Have changed the hyperlink. :)