Saturday, April 30, 2005

About Plugging In (Part 1)

An idea taken from Finicky Feline, when she found out that her chao pot pot Zen Micro could compile a list of her most-played songs. My iPod can't, but here's what's on my "On-The-Go" playlist for the moment. Yes, I've gone back to listening to 80s love songs. Heh...

Now that you know what I'm plugging into, what's on your player?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com 1927 - If I Could

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Alan Parsons Project - Don't Answer Me

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Ephraim Lewis - Drowning In Your Eyes

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Patti Austin - Any Other Fool

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Chicago - Love Me Tomorrow

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Phil Collins - Separate Lives

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Melissa Manchester - Don't Cry Out Loud


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Steve Perry - Foolish Heart

7 comments:

Cruiser said...

wah, all these artistes like never hear before.. except phil collins, he's good.

hmm so do you think sim or jobs has won the battle?

April said...

Cruiser - Heh... Since, at 18, you're a good 9 years younger than I am, I can safely say that the reason you don't recognize any names is because most of these singers were not from your time. (Damn! That makes me feel bloody ancient!) ;) I'll take Melissa Manchester over Britney Spears any day though. They don't make songs like these anymore.

7 said...

I didn't think anyone else I know still listens to "Drowning In Your Eyes". Marry me, you fool ;)

Seriously though, I always wondered why Ephraim Lewis never came up with any other albums. And then I found out that he ODed on cocaine just a year after "Skin". Damn.

April said...

Chi - I think the 80s were peppered with brilliant 1 hit wonders. I'll confess though, I've not heard any of his others songs, nor did I know he was dead from a drug overdose. Then again, with a name like Ephraim, I might off myself too. :P

Anonymous said...

An "Overdose of "Love Songs". In my opinion, not really too healthy..

April said...

Gold - Uh huh. Heh... I'll make an effort this week and start listening to cheesy ass techno instead. :P

GlassDog said...

Thank you for the music. *LOL*
Wow with my short term memory, I've almost forgotten I used to liked listening to these songs too.
*Gawk* Do a part2 soon, Ms Jukebox.