Friday, July 22, 2005

About The String

I was a little befuddled earlier today when a friend of mine logged into MSN and that little notication window popped up announcing that "hope hangs on a string" is online.

Brows furrowed, I spent several seconds trying to decipher what exactly he was trying to say.

Then... Enlightenment dawned... Befuddlement turned to derisive amusement... And I fought to contain a very un-ladylike snort as I sent him a rather condescending message. :P

Me: eh kotek...
The String: what?
Me: about your nick... don't you mean hope hangs BY a THREAD???
The String: hah?
The String: same thing what!
Me: ...

Call me a grammar nazi but waaaaah laaaaaaaaaaau?!?!?! Every once in a while, The String reminds me why I don't hang out with him as much as I use to...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If me hor, I would have called it "no hope". :)

JY said...

if me hor.....hmmm
"hope is just another 4 letter word"

April said...

If me hor, I would have said "hope is wishing I could write better than I do"...