At 1pm, since I hadn't heard back from those incompetent imbeciles, I called their customer service hotline in Bangkok to cancel my reservations. Several attempts (And many, many minutes wasted from being put on hold!) later, I was livid. Needless to say, when they finally picked up my call, the CSO got blasted pretty bad. The poor girl could barely string 3 words together by the time I slammed down the phone.
For those of you who don't know me, I can be bloody fucking scary when I'm pissed off. Someone once told me that my words got so cutting, I'd slit my own throat and bleed to death if I swallowed... *shrugs* I found that quite complimentary. Heh... At least I know I can be
Anyway... 15 minutes after my slice-the-CSO-to-the-bone phone call, I was practically doing a jig in the office. I'd received a confirmation email from Zuji stating that my hotel room was booked... And at a cheaper rate too! Wooohooo!
I was feeling so good about myself, I even found what happened next funny. For some reason, AsiaRooms.com decided to respond to my chaser emails after I'd cancelled my reservations with them.
Sheesh.
My last note to them read...
Kindly revert on my earlier enquiry asap as my flight dates have already been confirmed. If the requested accommodation is unavailable, I'll proceed to make a booking for another hotel. Much appreciated.Their reply some 24 hours later...
First of all we must apologize for our late reply. At the moment we still waiting the hotel reply us back about the final status of your booking. It takes a bit long time because the hotel situation is very tight and the hotel still ask us to waiting. However we will push the hotel to give the answer for you as soon as possible.Now as you probably know, crappy English usually annoys me to no end. So the fact that I can actually laugh at the above reply gives you an idea about how happy I am anticipating this vacation. 5 (Yep, count em! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!!!) days of shopping, eating and hanging out with my best friend in the whole wide world... I love ya babe! :)
Oh. And screw you A. I hope you have an absolutely miserable time in The Land of Smiles with you-know-who. It'll serve you right for marring my holiday plans from the get-go. (Yes, this is me indulging myself in 1 of my petty, vindictive snits.)
5 comments:
eh you guys going during national day weekend break? i'll be in HK too, cept with the folks. free food and accomodation so i bite my tongue lor.
*sucker bee*
april jin fierce... go hiong kong eat instung noooodles.
Bee - Yep! Whereabouts will you be staying? We're in Causeway Bay.
ahhh, i'll be in kowloon. i like that particular hotel lar (nice toilets) ha! so if i run into you two while shopping my head off at lane crawford (hopefully shoes are on BIG sale)don't be surprised! :)
Haha... If your folks don't mind, maybe you, Jac and I could meet up for a quick drink. (If our shopping schedules permit! Heh!) Or would you like to hit Madam Tussauds with us? Haha... Cheesy as it sounds, yes, I desperately wanna go. *sheepish grin*
Post a Comment