At the moment, our options are:
- Bangkok - Airfare is between $118 (Valueair) to $160 (Cathay Pacific)... Accommodation is about $50 per person per night at the Novotel Siam Square...
- Hong Kong - 3D2N package on Cathay Pacific costs $388 ($140 per person per night extension)... Accommodation is at the Metropark Hotel in Causeway Bay...
- Phuket - Airfare costs $168 (SilkAir)... Accommodation ranges between $65 to $75 per person per night (for the Dusit Laguna, the Laguna Beach Resort, and the Sheraton Grande Laguna, all of which look totally gorgeous on the web)...
Also, PLEASE give me other options for both short city or beach getaways... Somewhere suitable for a 4D3N or 5D4N holiday?
8 comments:
cape town, south africa .. there is nothign much to do in HK, believe me, I live here ...
why do you want to go to a city? go to an island and relak lah!
redang
koh samui
penang/langkawi
koh lanta
etc
etc
if you happen to select bali, try "poppies cottages". its located in downtown kuta but at a secluded "shophouse" alley. its damn beautiful, private and tranquil inside, like a different world sia. and best of all, costs only bout $80- $100 a night. u can probably locate the site through google.
if its bangkok, try "davis", a boutique hotel.
as for HK, new place called "jia" hotel...boutique too.
Gold - Kinda hard to cover South Africa in 4 or 5 days... I'd love to go though, but it'll have to wait till I can afford a little more time off work. *despondant look*
Missduhr - Thought of those options too... I don't mind either type - beach or shopping - of vacation lah, although if it's the latter, I'll probably treat myself to a weekend spa when I get back and before I head back to work. Any other suggestions?
Bee - Just went to Bali in May and that was my FIFTH trip there, so I'm not crazy about going again so soon. I'll definitely check out the 2 hotel suggestions for BKK and HKG though, thanks chickie! :D
ok ok cheap batam spa! guaranteed not dodgy and no special services :) just for weekend lah!
ahyah failed to mention jia hotel is a STARCK designed thingy too. i didnt think it looked "stunning" but hmmm. check out "tablet hotels", its a site full of info bits on luxury and boutique retreats/ hotels...makes you bloody wish you had the money of hilton sisters...bleah
Cancun.
Pants down best tropical paradise.
GG No Re.
Hmmm, might be a bit late with this suggestion, but how about Maldive or Sri Lanka? Both have wicked beaches and resorts, and after the tsunami, tourism is what they need.
Actually, Sri Lanka would be the better choice: cheaper, more to see and do, various choices (beach, mountain, forest, city), and shopping (lotsa stuff is made there like Victoria Secrets, Ralph Lauren, Nike, A&F, etc).
Post a Comment