
Childhood memory of the day:
1 of my favorite cartoons as a kid was... (No you dweebs, I wasn't a girlie girl who watched crap like "My Little Pony"!) He-Man, Masters of the Universe! Uh huh... Warriors and protectors of Eternia... Fighting against Skeletor and his nasty sidekicks - Beastman and Panthor... And against the leader of the Evil Horde, Hordak, who for some strange reasons, reminded me of Darth Vader. :P

In addition to an entire basketfull of He-Man toy figurines (Teela! The Sorceress! Man-At-Arms!), my brother and I even had the portable model of Castle Grayskull. God only knows how we managed to entertain ourselves for hours with a bunch of cheap figurines brandishing plastic weapons.
I was so into the damn cartoon, I even went to a fancy dress party dressed as She-Ra! (Don't laugh! It seemed cool at the time!)
Anyway, I recently found out that a new Masters of the Universe cartoon series started in 2002, some 20 years after the original made its debut. To my horror, the new He-Man looked nothing like the old 1. In fact, he distinctly resembled some horrible Japanese anime doll on steroids. Ick... Check it out.


What's up with the humongous sword?!?!
Anyone have any idea where I can get hold of the old series?
3 comments:
Ohhh..me used to love She-Ra too! ;)
pinkmartiny- me too! I ahd the flying horse, damn, I lvoed that things.
April, I like the old He-Man better too (the number of times I stood around with a broomstick yelling "I have the poowweeeeerrrrr"...) but you have to admit that his new hair is a avst improvement over his old Nicole Ritchie bob.
Post a Comment