Tuesday, May 16, 2006

About The Breakdown

I know that I've said this over and over but I hate work. I really do.

I swear I've never been so close to a nervous breakdown in my life. The projects are piling up. Missdurh and I have been pulling crazy hours. There doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. We're going quite insane.

It wouldn't be so bad if the clients actually appreciated the efforts we put in. What sucks royally is having them take everything for granted, as if we bloody owe it to them to meet their ridiculous deadlines, their incessant demands and their utter disregard for what's humanly possible.

What do you do when you're up against a client whose catchphrase / professional mantra is "I don't care!"?

Me: I'm sorry but I really can't turn this around within 24 hours.
Bitch From Hell: I don't care. Find a way.
Me: It's not that we're not trying but I really need more time.
Bitch From Hell: I don't care. We don't have time.
Me: I'm really doing all I can. But with your change in brief...
Bitch From Hell: I don't care. My deadline still stands.

My solution? Locking myself in the office toilet to hyperventilate for 10 minutes, throwing up my breakfast from a panic attack, washing my face and heading back to beg and wheedle my way into trying to work things out.

I'm not ashamed to admit that for the 1st time, I feel totally helpless at work. I'm not adverse towards working within tight timelines. I am, however, wondering why the fuck I'm killing myself and the people around me, trying to pander to a client that obviously doesn't give 2 hoots about the way an agency-client relationship should be.

To The Bitch From Hell - I am not your fucking slave. I hate you and your crazy demands. I don't appreciate you telling me the agency isn't doing it's job when we're bending over backwards to help you rush things out. I hope you die a slow, painful death (Gangrene of the nipples!) in which you end up a rotting, putrid, oozing mess of green and purple goo.

For some reason, blogging about all this isn't helping with the tide of frustration that's building within me. Everything I've said above doesn't even begin to describe the shit that's been happening in the last few weeks and the pain we're going through.

Ah screw it. I'm gonna take a hot shower and head to bed. It's gonna be another long day tomorrow... Things can only get better, right? At least, that's what I'm telling myself, since I really can't imagine them getting any worse.

To Missdurh - Hang in there chickie babe. We'll get through this together. One way or another. Or we can always just up and leave. Let The Invisible Man handle all this shit on his own. Hahahaha... That's something I definitely wanna see! :P

To The Stiletto - Come back soon baby. I need someone to hold my hand at night and tell me everything's gonna be alright. I miss you tons...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always look on the bright side of life. =)

BOng said...

be back soon babe... hang in there ok?

Luv..