How can you be surprised that we're firing you when:
1) You come in to work between 10.30 and 11am everyday, no explanation given.
We've told you numerous times before that the latest you should get to the office is 10am, unless you worked extremely late the night before. (9pm does not count as late!)
2) You can't be trusted to run time-sensitive projects because you have absolutely no sense of urgency.
When your ad submission deadline is tomorrow, you shouldn't still be in bloody concept stage today without a bloody clue what your ET number is!
3) You spend your time at work glued to your desk, blogging or chatting on MSN instead of following up on jobs the way you should.
Can't you walk over to Studio to brief in jobs (The way the rest of us do!) instead of doing it over the phone?! Do you really need to SMS our traffic person to chase for work when she's only in the next room?!
4) You're on MC or emergency leave at least twice a month.
Sorry but reasons like "I have really bad period cramps..." and "I can't come back from Hong Kong because there's a problem with the plane..." don't cut it after they've been repeated 2 or 3 times.
5) Your written English is so poor, creatives have trouble deciphering your briefs and clients don't understand your emails.
We don't "buffle" in time for color seps, we buffer. The line of text at the end of the ad is not a "core-to-action", it's a call-to action. Making slight changes to the artwork means we've tweaked it, not "twit".
6) You've been on this account for 6 months and you still don't have a clue about how the client's business works.
We don't expect you to be a know-it-all, but we do expect that you take the initiative to find out and have a general idea about the basic products the client is marketing.
7) You don't bother solving problems or thinking outside the box.
Yet you complain that you're bored because we don't entrust you with bigger campaigns, which is a little difficult when your primary goal seems to be leaving the office at 6pm and when you don't take pride in your work.
8) You're hide behind your personal problems when we try to tell you that your performance isn't satisfactory.
As much as we sympathise with your estrangement from your family, your conflicting feelings about yourself and your family's history with manic depression, we really don't see it as an excuse for not pulling your weight at work.
It's been a long week. And next week promises to be even longer... On top of the move back to our original office (The 4th move for me in the last 6 months! Doi!), Missduhr and I now have to explain to our executive on why we've decided to terminate her employment.
Aside to Missdurh - By the way, don't you just love how The Invisible Man managed to blame us for her termination when he spoke to her? "I can't extend your probation for the 3rd time and since your immediate superiors aren't comfortable about confirming you, I have no choice but to..." Bloody brilliant, isn't he? Arsewipe!
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
the perfect job for a person like tis.
location: geylang
occupation: prostitute
job scope: sit stare open and moan (can bring notebook to msn if client is a tech geek)
he is brilliant at taichi and we all know that. ah well. we all learn from this... :)
On failing number 5, sounds like Qween plinc! So near yet so far ... hahaha.
I had to fire someone years ago. TILL TODAY, I can still feel my eyelids twitching and the prick of the voodoo needle occasionally.
Anon - I totally don't see the relation. And for reasons I won't mention, I'm pretty sure she won't be much good at the job you suggested either.
Missdurh - I'm just glad "the talk" is over. Pheeeew...
Deevee8 - Hahahaha... Errr... You were kidding, right? *gulps*
Post a Comment