Anyway... I've been conducting a little experiment on 1 of my Neopets and thought it'd be interesting to keep a log of sorts on the entire process... In a nutshell, on and off for the past year or so, I've been bringing little Jadyn Love to a secret laboratory found in the land of Neopia, where she gets zapped by a morphing ray. I have absolutely no control over what the ray does to her and she's morphed into a rather interesting variety of animals and colors since.
My original pet was a Red Wocky... (A kitty cat looking creature that for some reason, brings the Slinky Cat to mind. :P)

In a matter of hours, the lab ray happily zapped her blue.

Then it made me go through an entire Cybunny phase, where my pet ended up looking like a frigging rabbit high on shit.



From left to right: Yellow Cybunny. Green Cybunny. Tyrannian Cybunny. Gah...
Just as I was getting use to the whole Cybunny getup, the lab ray decided to mess everything up again by changing Jadyn Love into a Yellow Acara. Don't ask me what those floppy things between her ears are. They look mildly phallic to me. *grimace*

Thank goodness that didn't last too long and she was soon zapped into a Blue Blumaroo (Some sort of weird cross between a kangeroo and Gonzo from Muppet Babies. *rolls eyes*), and soon after that a Uni.



From left to right: Blue Blumaroo. Blue Uni. Rainbow Uni. Rainbow's kinda pretty, don't you think? Heh...
Things started looking up for a while though, when the ray morphed Jadyn Love into a Chomby, which is a limited edition species...


From left to right: Yellow Chomby. Purple Chomby. Goodie gumdrops...
Of course, good things never last... A couple of months later, she turned into a merhorse creature called a Peophin. Ick.


From left to right: Green Peophin. Shadow Peophin.
And then into another horsey creature called the Kyrii, which looks like it's severely in need of a haircut.



From left to right: Blue Kyrii. Starry Kyrii. Fire Kyrii. The last one's kinda cool. But what I really want is my Wocky back. :(
The lab ray then decides to add insult to injury by poofing Jadyn Love into 1 of the pet species I utterly loath. The Techo! A damn lizard! In a whole range of colors too! Aiyoooooo...



From left to right: Red Techo. Halloween Techo. Island Techo.
Silent oaths and labelling of the lab ray as being totally birdbrained didn't help, since it decided to turn the tables on me and zap Jadyn Love into a Pteri. Fuck...


From left to right: Blue Pteri. Striped Pteri. Doi. Double doi.
Finally, to conclude this rather meaningless post (That I'm typing as I wait for my artwork in the office...), 2 days ago, Jadyn Love mutated into a Grundo. Which is the alien species inhabiting Neopet's Virtupets Space Station. A Blue Grundo... Which was kinda cute.

Today, however, the ray changed her color. To Mutant.

Fuck. The damn thing looks like it's been on steroids!
p/s: If I haven't bored the lot of you into a coma yet, and you're actually thinking of joining me in my insane meanderings around Neopia, sign up for Neopets here and create your pet here...
4 comments:
Wahhh mindless fun!! I like. Particularly the Blue Blumaroo and Blue Grundo. Not the lizards (*shudder*)or the birds (they be roadkill). Neopia here I come.
Hahaha... Glad my brainless babbling gave someone something to look forward to. Keep me posted on what you end up adopting, ya? Heh... And if you have anything you need to know, I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability.
You know not what you just offered. Haha. Anyway, the new babe is a Blue Scorchio. Cutesy. Other than to wander around aimless playing potato counting games *roll eyes*, beats me what else is there to do to earn some money to buy yummy looking stuff ...
Hahaha... The Stiletto has a Scorchio too, but it's a red one... Heh. Cute.
1. Train your pet at Mystery Island's Training School or Krawk Island's Academy. Then pit them against a variety of villians or other Neopets in the Battledome. You'll need codestones or dubloons for training though, and those cost...
2. Set up a Neohome and look for funky furniture to fill it up or set up a shop and sell stuff to other Neopet owners... Good way to earn money.
And c'mon, there're a ton of better games than the Potato Counter?! Hahaha...
Anyway, these are a couple of good sites for Neopet newbies.
http://www.pinkpt.com
http://neonewsnow.com
Post a Comment