Saturday, December 31, 2005

About Past Celebrations

New Year's Eve. Again.

I was just thinking back on how I've celebrated both X'mas eve and NYE the past 5 or 6 years... And it's scary how little I remember, which is probably due to the copious amounts of booze that was consumed. I thought it'd be a good idea to put whatever I do remember on my blog, before my memories fade into total oblivion... If any of you reading this have stuff you can help me add on, stuff I've missed out, I'd appreciate it? Heh... :P

X'mas Eve 2004 - For the 1st time in years, I spent the night alone, at home. The gang were at Audrey's place getting smashed (What else is new? :P), but I was in a mood and just didn't feel like heading out. PL called at the stroke of midnight to wish me Happy X'mas. I remember smiling into the phone, sending her my love and X'mas wishes before I curled back up in front of the telly. Zzz...

New Year's Eve 2004 - Started hitting the Absolut while Bra and I played "Headbandz" at my place, from around 4 in the arvo. An entire bottle later, I was all tiddly as we made our way down to Harry's at The Waterfront. The rest of the night passed in a blur... I remember giggling like a loon as I plucked streamers out of PL's hair after the countdown, trying not to cry as I read A's message and fighting with a multitude of people to get a cab home.

X'mas Eve 2003 - Major memory block. Shit shit shit... I can't recall where I was, who I was with and what the hell I was up to. Help!

New Year's Eve 2003 - 2003 must've been really screwed up, cos I don't remember anything about NYE either. Getting older sucks. Fucking A!

X'mas Eve 2002 - The gang and I were at Phuture... With Martin and Kev. (Yes. That's all my puny little brain has decided to store... Shut up!) The girls stayed over at my place I think, since we'd arranged for a room at the Westin, sorry, the Swissotel Stamford I mean, to celebrate X'mas. Boxing Day was spent back at my place playing mahjong. Hahaha... Egg nog, X'mas carols, pong pong PONG!

New Year's Eve 2002 - Errr. I think this was the year we went to Carl Cox's fiasco at Zouk. Where we ended up waiting for an hour for our drinks because the damn bar ran out of jugs. (What the fuck man?!) Or maybe that was 2001. (If it was 2001, what the hell did I do for 2002?!) To hell with it. Whenever the Carl Cox gig was, it was the 1st time in years I did a countdown stone cold sober.

X'mas Eve 2001 - NOX. Got there at 11. PL got waaaaaaaay sloshed on red wine by 1. Bra and I carried her home, which took us almost 2 hours, since the cow refused to walk and fought us off every time we tried to hoist her to her feet.

New Year's Eve 2001 - Carl Cox? Not? Where? Then? Who? Huh? *flops down onto floor looking a lost*

X'mas Eve 2000 - Samsara. (Yes, yes, crap place. I know. Shut up already! :P) I think I was tiddly at countdown but had sobered up by 2am. Probably because I knew that D was flying back from Melbourne that night and coming down to pick me up. He couldn't come back in time to do any X'mas shopping, but he'd managed to get 1 of my girlfriends to buy on his behalf a watch I'd been eyeing for ages. (Awwwww!) I haven't seen or spoken to D in ages... But I still have the watch. :P

New Year's Eve 2000 - NOX. D was in Sabah (Mountain climbing or trekking or something like that!) so I spent the night sprawled on a couch at the back of the club, tossing back tequila pops and vodka shots with Bra, S and J. Got very drunk. Don't remember much else...

X'mas Eve 1999 - Once again, I honestly can't remember what the hell I did... I'm guessing I was at Zouk though, since we didn't hang out anywhere else then.

New Year's Eve 1999 - Zouk. We got there at 10, started drinking immediately and were all smashed by 11. PL was convinced (In her very drunken state!) that the arrival of the new millenium would bring with it the end of the world. She then spent the half hour before midnight telling me that if we all died, she wanted me to know how much she loved me. At 11.58, another friend, Max, insisted that all of us light a cigarette and smoke it slowly... Just so we could say that we smoked 1 ciggie from 1 millenium to the next. Sheesh. Crazy people.

No fixed plans as yet as to what I'm going to do this year, i.e. later tonight. There was some mention last week about going to Loof, where we'll all drown in a sea of alcohol. Urgh... I'm still a little apprehensive, especially after the numerous Lychee Martinis and jugs of vodka we had at Members on X'mas eve... *barf*

Anyway, I hope the rest of you have a fantastic time, wherever you are, whomever you're with and whatever you're doing...

HAPPY 2006 PEOPLE!
(: HERE'S TO A KICK-FUCKING-ASS YEAR! :)

3 comments:

bra said...

carl cox was 2001 NYE... waited for one damn hour for drinks... and i went out out zouk to make a phonecall... it took me 30mins to get out of zouk... made my call..and decided not to head back in...

2003 xmas eve... S, PL and i were in members waiting for you ... wait wait wait.. you only arrived after 12 midnight... that xmas eve a lil bit boring...

2003 NYE , i was at expo with a whole lot of lightsticks-welding friends... you PL and S came later... and you guys had problems trying to pay for the carpark ticket... which got PL damn irritated...

If you wanna know what i did for NYE yesterday, i was working the day n night away..and i was involved in an accident...

so ya, im fucking sick n tired of 2005

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year April!

April said...

Bra - If Carl Cox was 2001, what the hell did we do for 2002? :? And yeah, S and PL reminded me about the night at Expo for 2003. I'd totally forgotten the crap we went thru with the parking though. Hahaha... Still don't remember shit about 2003's X'mas eve. *frowns*

And PL told me about the accident. Hope everything works out ok and that 2006 kicks ass so far, mmm?

Slinky - Happy New Year twinnie!!! ;) Your blog's been cracking The Stiletto up by the way. I think you've got yourself a new fan... Haha...