Our Bali escapades, part 3... (For those of you who haven't been bored to death yet with my prattling! :P)
DAY 2 - SATURDAY, MAY 14, 2005 (CONTINUED)
Booze fest and boogie woogie...
8pm - 12am: The "Sarong Party Gala" was, in 1 word, EVENTFUL. Among the many, many things that happened? Hmmm...
1) 1 of our Account Managers turned up looking very sexy in his sarong dress, a flower adorning his ear and fake boobies. *wolf whistles*
2) 4 of us girls beat 2 strapping men at several rounds of 5-10, which resulted in the 2 guys downing several glasses of Absolut Raspberry *pumps fist in the air* Go us!
3) Our MD and ECD became "slaves" for a couple of hours, which meant that they had to do whatever their "masters" desired. The most memorable demand on them? A liplock! That little mouth-to-mouth action was captured on video. Haaaaaa! And no, I'm not posting it up. I still need my job. Bleah...
4) I won a Canon Ixus digital camera. Wooohooo! However, the prize I really wanted was the iPod Photo and the accompanying set of JBL speakers. Damn!
5) 1 of our Creative guys told me that he'd heard I looked very hot in a bikini. Hahahahaha! I don't care that he was probably lying. It felt good just hearing him say it. Uh huh... Hear that hissing sound people? That's my ego inflating to enormous proportions. :P
6) Everyone (And I mean everyone!) got really sloshed and, after a somewhat slow start, started crowding the small dance floor. I'm still trying to deal with the trauma of seeing my MD and ECD without their shirts on, head banging to "Sweet Child Of Mine".
Bikinis at midnight and bites before bed...
12.30am - 1.45am: Since I was starting to feel ill from the numerous shots of Absolut poured down my throat, I decided a late dip in the pool would be the best way to sober up. I slipped out of the resort's club, where the party had adjourned after the restaurant closed, and spent the next couple of hours happily splashing around.
2am: Everybody in the club stumbled out, utterly piss-faced. Those who weren't puking into the flower beds proceeded to throw themselves into the pool. Jas and I stayed on for a little while, but decided that it was time to head back to the room when we heard someone yell "Oi! {Insert Group Business Director's name here}'s only wearing his underwear and I can see his fucking butt crack!"... Which was rapidly followed by someone else screeching "Nah bei! Don't puke in the pool lah!!!"... Ooooook. That sure as hell gave us all the reason we needed to leave.
2.15am - 4am: Jas and I packed as we slurped up MSG in the form of Nissin Cup Noodles. Lots of deep, meaningful conversation... Well, at least, our chat started out that way... And got progressively less coherent as the night wore on. We finally fell asleep, well-satisfied with the knowledge that we had packed as much as we could have into our day...
Bending (And breaking!) the rules...
Missduhr referred to it as "canoodling". I'll be a lot more straightforward and say that fidelity had pretty much gone out the window by the 2nd night of the trip. We'd already heard about 2 cases of bed swopping the night before. And although all the parties involved were happily married, none were married to each other. :P
Ok, maybe most of the "canoodling" didn't go as far as holiday sex, but the bits I witnessed and experienced sure crossed all the lines of fidelity in my book. I seriously doubt I'd be ok with my boyfriend rubbing up against his female colleagues on the dance floor, wrapping his arms around them in the pool or groping their breasts and bums whenever the opportunity arose. And if I was a guy, I definately wouldn't be ok with my girlfriend allowing such behavior to go un-rebuffed.
Since the trip's sole motto was whatever happens in Bali stays in Bali (Yes, pun intended. Once again, ad agency, remember?), I won't go into further detail. Let's just say that Saturday night was an eye-opener in many aspects, and what I saw appalled more than it amused.
Maybe I'm becoming a fuddy duddy as I grow older but it disturbed me, seeing how easy it was for some to fool around and stray. Just because most of us had overindulged in the copious amounts of alcohol provided... Just because whatever happens in Bali stays in Bali... "Just because" just wasn't enough to make it acceptable... *shrugs* Let's leave it at that.
DAY 3 - SUNDAY, MAY 15, 2005
Bye bye Bali wali...
8.45am: I needed to check out by 9.30am so, after repeatedly hitting the SNOOZE button on my mobile phone, I finally dragged my butt out of bed and into the shower.
9.45am - 11am: Lingered over my last breakfast in Bali with Jas and Missduhr. More bacon and eggs and pancakes and hashbrowns! Burrrp! Yeahhh, bring on the weight baby! Jas and I also had a little discussion on how I should spend my remaining 166,000 Rupiah (Approximately S$30)... Ah heck. I'd already bought myself 3 bags from Mooks and Rusty. What's another 2 more? Hee!
11.10am: Swopped shopping stories with our Chinese copywriter all the way to the airport. Amazing how us girls can just yak and yak and yak and yak about the stuff we bought.
12pm - 1.25pm: Meandered rather aimlessly around Denpasar Airport, constantly checking the clock to see if it was time to board. I was looking forward to getting home, taking a shower and lazing in bed for as long as I could before work rolled round.
1.35pm: Bye bye Bali wali... Zoom zoom zoom... Wasted another 1.5 hours playing Super Mario.
3.15pm: Hello Singapore! Hello again DFS! Hello my own bottle of Absolut Raspberry! Heh... That completes my collection for now I think... All that's missing is the Raspberry miniature. Any kind souls out there willing to send me 1? :P
4.05pm: Home, sweet home... Yawwwwwn...
And there you go. That was my trip. Like I said... It was good. It was bad. It was crazy. It was relaxed. It was fun. It was boring. It was every 1 of those things rolled into an insane 48 hours. If that didn't come across in the last 3 blog entries... Well... You had to be there to truly understand. Heh.
*looks hopefully towards MD's office* So boss... Where're we going next? :P
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I've got to see Bali someday. I just got back from Japan and thot that Roppongi was the best damn clubbing spot in the world. Then you come along and make Bali look like the best damn clubbing spot in the world!!! I'm glad to see you had a good ol time.
hmmm. bed swopping. i heard bout that with another MNC creative house as well. ha! tho i've yet to witness it myself, but yeah, it'll disturb me cos whatever happened in bali may not stay in bali...
people people... but u sure sound like you had oodles of fun girl!
temptation island siboh?
damn girl!!!!!
im jealous.
looks like you had loads of fun!!!!
booh.
hehehehhehe :)
Earth2Ian - Well, we didn't exactly club. The whole agency just brought tons of booze up and since there were so many of us, we created our own parties. Heh... I heard the clubbing scene there's pretty good though, not that I can vouch for it myself. I usually spend my time there playing slug. :P
Bee - Apparently it's pretty commonplace for ad agencies. *furrowed brow* Well, I always thought most of my colleagues were kinda staid and boring. Guess 1 can never quite tell. *shrugs*
Bra - No lor! All the people on Temptation Island were at least semi-gorgeous. The men in my agency mostly CMI lor... *sighs*
Princess - The trip had its moments I guess. I still wish we'd gone to Japan though... Been to Bali too many times. Bleah... Whine whine whine eh? :P
Sounds quite good. Japan is damn expensive.
Post a Comment