I remembered. Unfortunately, mum and I didn't get to head out for a nice long lunch like I planned, thanks to the lovely weather, that had the both of us sleeping in till some ungodly hour. I promised mum that I'd bring her out for lunch another day. She just smiled, patted my head and said, "It's ok girl, it's enough that you remembered..."
No mum... It's not enough. Whatever I do or say, it'll never be enough. I know I tend to take you for granted. I know I don't say "I love you" often enough. I know I should try to spend more time with you. I know all these things, and yet I find myself making excuses for not doing more. Because I know you'll love me anyway.
Well, I do love you mama... In spite of all our ups and downs and all the crazy times we've had, there's no one in the world I love more. We might have missed our little lunch date today but I'll make damn sure we have tons more to make up for it... Happy Mother's Day...
(Side note to LancerLord: I read the post on your mum. Please accept my deepest condolences on your loss, and my heartfelt thanks for making me realize, yet again, how thankful I should be for what I have.)
Sunday, May 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
*THUD* that was my jaw dropping on the floor. that ain't the swearing screaming april i'm used to. but hey... it's all good :)
btw called my mum who was surprised cos she didn't think i'd remember to call. annoying!
Hahaha... I've got a brain that's 86.67% female, remember? All girly girls love their mamas. And I've half a mind to print out this blog entry and post it on my mum's dressing table mirror. Hah! :P
Anyway, I'm sure your mum was happy on top of being surprised, even if she didn't say so. Heh heh...
i already trying to overcome my emotions-breaking-moments today....but after seeing lancerlord blog entry..it just brings me up to another level....
let me cry.....
Post a Comment