I just realised that my friends and I have so many weird phrases that we pepper our speech with, it's not surprising that the people around us don't understand what we're saying half the time. (Since most of these were coined in my conversations with my best friend, I've taken the liberty of labelling this rather strange language "Jacprilish", just for the ease of reference, you understand... *grin*)
Anyway... For the uninitiated, here's a quick rundown of the more commonly used terms in Jacprilish. ;) Let me just state that this list is in no way exhaustive and I will probably be adding to it on a regular basis. Heh...
Agro: Easily aggravated. E.g. "Woah... Why so agro girl?"
Cheena Gerk: Unflatteringly Chinese. Very similar in meaning to the phrase "MIC".
Emo: Emotional, full of emotions or overtly sappy. E.g. "That song's damn emo man..." or "I got all emo watching Sex and The City last night..."
Fwah: Substitute for "wah" or "wow", an expression of awe or surprise. E.g. "Fwah lan eh!" or "Fwah, that's damn nice!"
MIC: Made-in-China. Usually used in a derogatory context to refer to someone who looks like a country bumpkin. E.g. "He lookes like an MIC." or "Ewww, so MIC-looking!"
Mur: Abbreviation of the word "murmur". Used when 1 needs to mumble incoherently under 1's breath but doesn't really know what to say. E.g. "That stupid bitch just keeps droning on and on and I can't be bothered to listen and I just need to bitch but I'm running out of things to say murmurmurmurmur..."
Ngang: I have no idea how to explain this. Jac just leaned over to me 1 day, pretended to bite me several times and went "Ngang ngang ngang ngang ngang..." (Huh?! Yeah... I get that all the time...)
Ngiak: Let's put it this way. If a smirk had a sound attached to it, it'd be a "ngiak". Heh...
PG: No, not Parental Guidance. Phantom Girlfriend. She belongs to the species of "You know they exist but you don't know anything about them".
Twang: To shirk 1's responsibilities. E.g. "My colleagues twang-ed work today, all of em took sick leave.
VFM: "Value For Money". Pretty self-explanatory so 'nuff said.
Monday, May 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Actually I think a few of those aren't unique to just you.
I was about to say that! I use Emo and I'm in Holland!!
A Zhaki / JaG - Hahaha... Ok, so I'm not so weird after all. Phew? :P
Dumpieus - Murmurmur... I say that you're damn VFM... Since you do practically everything your boss is suppose to do and he pays you peanuts for the amount of work you put in.
Post a Comment