DAY 6 - TUESDAY, 28 MARCH, 2006
We got up bright and early and made our way via public transport to the suburb of Cheltenham. The morning had a chill to it, and The Stiletto and I found ourselves shivering both at the Flinders Street and Caufield train station platforms. Finally, we got to Cheltenham, where after a short bus ride, we arrived at...


Melbourne's DFO. Direct Factory Outlet. Magic words for any shopoholic...
Seeing that it's pretty obvious that I went into a retail frenzy the minute we walked through the front door, I guess it's needless to say that we didn't take any photos. As a result, all I have are these pictures that I snapped earlier this evening, against the red "backdrop" of my burgandy colored sheets. Heh...
(Aside to Slinky - This one's for you girlie. Heh... I'm guessing your manic shopping post will only go up after The Boy's left. Hope you've kicked the damn flu bug and that you're having a ball... ;P)

Shopoholic location: REVIEW @ DFO
Shopoholic rewards: Pretty, sea green, chiffon top
Shopoholic damage: A$39 (Originally retailing at A$109)
Shopoholic rating (Upon 10): 9 SMILIES :D

Shopoholic location: ESPRIT @ DFO
Shopoholic rewards: Basic black halter neck dress
Shopoholic damage: A$24 (Originally retailing at A$89)
Shopoholic rating (Upon 10): 9 SMILIES :D

Shopoholic location: PORTMANS @ DFO
Shopoholic rewards: Pink gypsy skirt
Shopoholic damage: A$9.90 (Originally retailing at A$49.90)
Shopoholic rating (Upon 10): 10 SMILIES :D

Shopoholic location: PORTMANS @ DFO
Shopoholic rewards: Pink and brown halter top
Shopoholic damage: A$19.90 (Originally retailing at A$69.90)
Shopoholic rating (Upon 10): 8 SMILIES :D

Shopoholic location: NINE WEST @ DFO
Shopoholic rewards: Gorgeous, retro-printed 4-inch heels
Shopoholic damage: A$79 (Originally retail price unknown)
Shopoholic rating (Upon 10): 10 SMILIES :D (Gorgeous shoes always score a 10!)
I also bought a ton of pretty lingerie. But since The Stiletto prefers I keep those exclusively for his viewing pleasure, I won't post any pictures up.
I must rave about how cheap underwear is in Melbourne though... I paid A$19 for a black satin and white lace Calvin Klein bra! Bonds thongs go for about A$4 a pop! (They sell them for about S$13 at Tangs in Singapore!) Since I came back home with 8 new bras and 26 new thongs, I've officially been barred from underwear shopping for the next 2 years. :P
Heh... I'm having so much fun doing this, I'm posting up pics of the shopping I did during the entire duration of my trip. It's not like we did much else but shop, eat and lounge around the apartment on day 7 and 8 anyway. Haha...

Shopoholic location: ESPRIT @ BRIDGE
Shopoholic rewards: Patchwork print halter top
Shopoholic damage: A$17 (Originally retailing at A$69)
Shopoholic rating (Upon 10): 9 SMILIES :D

Shopoholic location: VICTORIA MARKET
Shopoholic rewards: Gypsy skirt
Shopoholic damage: A$19
Shopoholic rating (Upon 10): 7 SMILIES :D (I saw the exact same skirt being sold elsewhere for A$15. Dammit!)


Shopoholic location: VICTORIA MARKET
Shopoholic rewards: White sweater with pink flower embroidery
Shopoholic damage: A$12
Shopoholic rating(Upon 10): 10 SMILIES :D
And that concludes my very meaningless post, which serves absolutely no purpose except to recreate some semblance of the thrills I experienced blowing a freaking fortune during my recent vacation. Haaaaaa.
2 comments:
Ya lor, like that how to go spain?
Baby - Spain got ZARA!!!
Dumpieus - You weren't much better the times we were in Melbourne together what! Heh...
Post a Comment