Thursday, April 06, 2006

About Another Candle

The Stiletto has very sneakily managed to buy me a birthday present despite me keeping what I thought was an eagle's eye on him. Last night, I woke up from my nap to find him stroking my face... As the clock ticked towards midnight, he grinned down at me, nagged me to take a shower before I drifted off again and then casually pointed towards a paper bag on the computer table.

A blue paper bag.

A turquoise blue paper bag.

Girls, I'm sure you know the significance of receiving something like this. It can only mean 1 thing. Jewellery. Tiffany jewellery. God help me, but I wasn't above joyful squealing (The sound distinctly resembled a piglet on speed...) as I drooled over the signature box tied up, oh-so-prettily, with white satin ribbon...

Aside to The Stiletto: Thanks baby. I don't know how you read my mind because I've never even mentioned wanting the mesh ring but you sure as hell hit the nail on the head. :)
Image hosting by Photobucket
I thought that was it. Then, this morning, I walked into the office to find a huuuuuuuuuuge bunch of the most gorgeous lilies propped up on my chair. The damn bouquet was almost as big the upper half of my body...

Aside to The Stiletto: I thought I was only gonna get flowers after a major quarrel? Hahaha... You do realise that I am so going to be looking for ways and means to pick a fight moving forward, right? *snigger*



Image hosting by Photobucket



Then the office people bought me a uber rich cream cake and everyone gathered to sing me a birthday song. Awwwww...

All this, and I still have a nice dinner to look forward to tonight and tomorrow night, plus a girls high tea on Saturday.

Heh... And I thought it'd suck to turn 28. :P

2 comments:

bra said...

i have never gotten flowers on my birthday.... never.... why?

Slinky said...

Argh argh argh argh argh.

Blue...box......flowers....

*swoon*