Thursday, April 13, 2006

About Melbourne (Part 2)

On with my little photo blog of our recent Melbourne trip...

DAY 4 - SUNDAY, 26 MARCH, 2006

We got up pretty early on our 1st Sunday in Melbourne to soak up some sun as we strolled along the St Kilda beach market, as well as have a huge brekkie...

Image hosting by Photobucket
After a tram ride riddled with loud Italian boys blasting gangsta rap, flexing their muscles and trying to accentuate their manhood by yelling at each other every 2 minutes, we reached our destination.

Image hosting by Photobucket
We were really happy to get off the tram, I tell you... :P

Image hosting by Photobucket
Strolling along the beach market, I came across a rather strange sight...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Somebody really didn't like this stuffed dog... Poor doggie. :(

Image hosting by Photobucket
We then got to St Kilda's famous Acland Cake Shop, where we ordered yummy bacon and eggs. And toast. And ice coffee. I tend to forget that ice coffee in Melbourne is always served with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream... Which doesn't make it the healthiest drink to start off the day with, but it sure as hell makes it the yummiest!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Deciding to walk off some of the calories, The Stiletto and I strolled along the market (Sweating like hell in 30 degree sunshine!), where I ended up buying the prettiest, hand-painted waist pouch...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
The Stiletto passed time taking snapshots of our rather gorgeous surroundings.

Image hosting by Photobucket
I remember standing there and marvelling at how blue the skies were, how fresh the air was and how absolutely wonderful I felt. :)

By the way, don't you just love my new skirt from Esprit? Gorgeous colors... Melbourne's been hit by this whole boho craze, which I love... And the best part? I got this at a whopping discount. Only paid A$24 for it I think. Esprit! A$24! Woooooot!

Image hosting by Photobucket
The Stiletto got quite fascinated by this ark looking thingie. I suspect that he really wanted me to photograph the bikini-clad chickies lying in front of the wooden rotting boat thingie. He's denying it though. Smart boy. Hehe...

Image hosting by Photobucket
There was some sandcastle building / sculpture competition going on... I was amazed at how detailed this 1 of Luna Park was. Still can't over my skirt. Pretty skirt, pretty skirt, pretty skirt, pretty skirt, pretty skirt, pretty skirt!!!

Image hosting by Photobucket
I love this shot of the both of us. Believe it or not, it was totally candid. We were walking, and The Stiletto just stuck his arm out and snapped this.

It got even hotter, which made for 2 extremely thirsty people...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
So we made our way back towards the bistros and cafes that littered Acland Street for a couple of Diet Cokes and beers... After spending some time catching up with 2 old friends I haven't seen in yonks, we decided to head back to the city for a shower and nap before dinner. (Lygon Sreet! Garlic sirloin steak, yummy aglio olio pasta and Bacio gelate!!! Omg... All the extra pounds I put on from that meal alone was worth it...)

Image hosting by Photobucket
Of course, walking past the saliva-inducing window displays of tarts and cakes and pies and pastries, The Stiletto got tempted. Which meant we ended up balancing a paper bag of strawberry cheesecake and Acland's famous fruit tart on our laps all the way back on the tram...


DAY 5 - MONDAY, 27 MARCH, 2006

I didn't feel like heading out or doing anything, so we stayed in and played slug for most of the day... The Stiletto had brought his laptop up so I whiled the afternoon away playing Zoo Tycoon 2. He finally dragged me away from it long enough to have dinner along Chinatown. (The avocado handrolls my boy packed away for lunch couldn't last forever I guess...)

Image hosting by Photobucket
After hot prawn porridge, roast duck and rice, I brought The Stiletto to another 1 of my old haunts... This little lounge / bar nestled in a dark alley... The Gin Palace. Plush, mis-matched sofas... Chilled white wine... Dark crooks and crannies, perfect to hole up in and hold private conversations...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Not that we talked much.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Our timing and aim, however...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Could've used a little work... Hehe...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Which got me a little annoyed. :P

Image hosting by Photobucket
Nice us.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Nasty us.

Which brings me to the end of my post for today. It's late, I'm tired and The Stiletto's got Buffy on DVD. So I'm gonna go snuggle up with my man and get started on my long weekend. :)

Aside to Slinky - The spoils post will come. I promise. Heh... Can't wait to read yours! ;)

No comments: