Situation:
While you're out of the office, a request comes in from your boss for you to give him a team structure org chart.
1 of your executives takes the initiative to do it up in your absence. However, instead of waiting for you to go through it, she sends it directly to your boss without telling you, copying you in on the email.
Later on, when you go through the chart she's done, you realise that she's gotten your designation wrong. Specifically? She put you at a level on par with herself, when you're actually her 1-up.
Oh... By the way, your namecards aren't ready yet but your role within the team is very clearly reflected in your email signature, together with your contact details.
Question:
What would you do? (The couple of replies that have come forth so far mostly involve a lot of muscle flexing come Monday. Sheesh.)
Sunday, December 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i've heard some dodgy things about her. so be careful and aware.
Gunny Quick - Thanks for the advice. I'll play it by ear tomorrow and see how it goes. :)
Missduhr - You sure we're talking about the same person? Heh heh... Please update me the next time we meet so that I'm in the loop ya? ;)
Aren't u getting a little too swell-headed with your promotion? It's only AM you know, and not AD.... and why are you getting into petty things like that?
Anon - I don't think it's swell-headed to want to be recognized for what I am. I paid my dues to get this step up, so what's wrong with wanting credit where credit is due?
By the way, this post wasn't meant to be a complaint against the exec. She and I get along perfectly fine. Since I'm not exactly subtle when it comes to bitching, so I've no clue where the hell you're drawing your inferences from.
Word of advice? Get your eyes checked buddy. Better yet, get the fucking balls to leave me a name together with your comments, instead of hiding behind a mask of anonymity. Cheers.
hey babe. you're right on that. we worked our asses off for get promoted (plus the money of cos). it's damn bloody annoying having someone "demoting" you when you've earned your keep. screw it. the clarifying email has to go out to your boss.
congrats btw! :)
Post a Comment