Monday, September 05, 2005

About My Time

Lying in my bed, I hear the clock tick and think of you...
Caught up in circles, confusion is nothing new...
Flashbacks... Warm nights... Almost left behind...
Suitcase of memories, time after...

Sometimes, you picture me, I'm walking too far ahead...
You're calling to me, I can't hear what you said...
And you say, go slow, I fall behind...
The 2nd hand unwinds...

If you're lost, you can look and you will find me...
Time after time...
If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Time after time...

If you're lost, you can look and you will find me...
Time after time...
If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Time after time...

After my picture fades, and darkness has turned to grey...
Watching through windows, you're wondering if I'm ok...
Secrets stolen, from deep inside...
The drum beats out of time...

If you're lost, you can look and you will find me...
Time after time...
If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Time after time...

If you're lost, you can look and you will find me...
Time after time...
If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Time after time...


-- Cyndi Lauper
-- Time After Time

By the way, if you haven't yet listened to the Tuck and Patti version of this song, you're missing out.

Oh... And if you've only ever heard the INOJ rendition, you oughta be dragged out and shot. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMHO .. Matchbox 20's acoustic version of time after time is almost as nice, if not nicer then Cyndi's version. Drop me a note if you want a sample.

April said...

Heh, I already have it but thanks for the offer babe. I still prefer Tuck & Patti though. :)

Ahmad said...

INOJ? There's a name I haven't heard in a looong time.