4th week into the new job, after a 5 month break... When I was offered the position, I couldn't think of a reason not to accept it. The client was one I was familiar with, the financial renumeration offered (That sounds so much cooler than "slave wages" or "salary", hah!) was pretty decent, and saying yes meant that I got to work with The Short One again. I figured I'd give it a shot.
At this point, I'm still debating if the decision to work on this account a 2nd time is a good one... After just 25 days, it's still too early to tell.
1 thing, however, was crystal clear from my 1st day on board. The Account Director I'm currently working with is a dick. He talks too much, and does too little. He is completely clueless about agency processes, and knows absolutely fuck-all about the client's business. He can't write a clear and concise brief, and he tries (Without success!) to pepper his speech with big words to make whatever he says sound important. He wastes hours on matters that don't require his attention, neglects issues that do, and then complains about being too swamped to cope. In short? He's incompetent, stupid, fat, self-inflating and utterly repulsive.
Breathe, April, breathe...
I take comfort in the fact that this Account Director's (Henceforth christianed "Dickhead"!) many, many shortcomings are glaringly obvious to all who work with him, including my big boss. So much easier for me and The Short One to shine when everyone has been exposed to his shit. Hah!
I wish it was Friday. :(
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it's gotta be historical man. for a while i thought your blog became defunct haha..
anyway the term financial remuneration probably works for white-collared jobs only. it would be weird to tell your office cleaning uncle that his "monthly financial remuneration" granted is about $700.
but i'm speaking nonsense. cheers to your return.
Lol, thank you. It's good to be back. This blog was never gonna become defunct... I just took a somewhat long "vacation" from writing. Heh... I should be posting more frequently now... Or at least, I'll be posting as and when my schedule at work allows me to blog. :\
Oh joy, april's back! I was wilting away without my widowpoison fix (though I suppsoe those in non--blog-updating glass houses sshouldn't throw stones)
Post a Comment