Thursday, January 19, 2006

About The Galloping

Ok. I'm a little slow on the uptake here but I just saw a television ad for the new OSIM iGallop. 1 word...

GOBSMACKED.


What the fuck was OSIM thinking?! What the fuck was the advertising agency thinking?! That a commercial featuring a bunch of chicks riding what strongly resembles the infamous Sybian is in line with the brand's motto of promoting HEALTHY LIVING? (Don't ask me how I know about the Sybian. I'm a well-read girl. Haaaaaaaaaa! *bleah*)

As if that wasn't bad enough, check out the iGallop writeup on the OSIM website.

Introducing OSIM iGallop, the revolutionary horse-riding exercise that will give you the shapely figure you want, effortlessly and lets you have fun doing it!

This introduction paragraph alone should have given me ample warning that plenty of shit was going to follow... *smacks forehead repeatedly*

Tri-Axial Horse Riding Action - The unique Tri-Axial Horse Riding Action of the iGallop mimics the distinct trot of a horse in its front, back and lateral movements.

*mutter* I'll show them front, back and lateral movements... Morons. *flashes the middle finger 3 times*

Adopt a striking posture - By replicating the rhythmic movements of horse-riding, OSIM iGallop causes reciprocal pelvic movements in the rider.

Hahaha... I know of something else that could cause reciprocal pelvic movements!

Looking great and feeling even better - Muscles are worked and blood circulation improved, promoting the well-being of the whole body.

Gee... It sounds almost like taichi, isn't it? NOT!

$998.00 with free gift

If anybody's bought this WONDERFUL contraption, please please pleeeeeeeeeease leave me a comment and tell me what the free gift was. Especially if it's something like lubricant! *snigger*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if you were so "OFFENDED" by the product, wonder where and why you took the trouble and time to comment on the ENTIRE Ad campaign.. Seems to me you might be the perfect customer for the iGallop yourself! cause you actually did some research and feedbacked your views on the product, ad agency job accomplished! Good job, Osim!

Anonymous said...

Such a typical.. complain and curse over trivial matters