Wednesday, March 08, 2006

About The JB Jaunt

As promised, pics from our little jaunt across the causeway...

Image hosting by Photobucket
The Stiletto... Looking extremely grumpy at the disgusting traffic situation we faced after Singapore's immigration.

In the end, it took us almost 2 hours to get to where we wanted to go. Coming back home was worse. Lesson learned? Head up to JB on a Sunday only if you're (a) damn bloody patient (b) so bored you'll die (c) absolutely crazy. Geez...

Image hosting by Photobucket
To pass time, I decided to do the whole "take a self portrait" thingie... I just realised that my head looks extremely BIG in this shot. Nabei. Dua tou. *mutters under breath*

Image hosting by Photobucket
While The Stiletto and PLP went to the money changers, PL and I show off our "movie star" sunglasses... $8 a pop. How funky are they? :)

Btw, I'm not gonna post any pics of PLP yet. He's sort of camera shy so I'm assuming that he doesn't want to be "put on display" for now. Heh...

Image hosting by Photobucket
The Stiletto then comes back and tries to show off his sunnies. Not impressed baby... Sorry. :P

The next 8 hours were spent shopping at Holiday Plaza and City Square... After which, we went for a yummy seafood dinner at this outdoor restoran (Haha! That word never fails to crack me up...) called Lucky.

Image hosting by Photobucket
I was too busy stuffing my face with crab and crayfish to take any photos, so you'll have to make do with a shot of the "carnage" we left behind.

By the way, I still can't get over how cheap the food was. We had pepper crab, a mountain of cereal crayfish, a pork dish, some sort of eel dish, 2 types of noodles, a plate of veggies and beer... And the bill came up to RM140! That's like S$15 a person, which is dirt cheap considering we ate like pigs! Oink...

1 comment:

BOng said...

Bleah...

it was "kung pao eel".. and it WAS fantastic baby...

But it all boils down to the fact whether if the jam was worth the wait for the food and the shopping.. My conclusion is... YES!! Lets do it again!!

Just make sure that i change to an AUTO car before we go in again.. My left leg still hurts from all the "clutch" action...

*live from HCMC, Vietnam